|OBD300 QUICK START GUIDE
SMS Only – Location On Demand Tracking Option For The OBD300
The SMS only option allows you to obtain the location of your vehicle on demand.
SIM card activation for SMS Only Location
The SIM card supplied in the OBD150 box can be used with Telstra plans only. It is up to you to activate this SIM card with a SMS/voice plan of your choosing. If you would like to use a different carrier, they will supply you with a new SIM card.
Automatic recharge for Pre-Paid Plans
It highly recommended to set up an automatic recharge at the time you activate your SIM card otherwise your plan may expire at a crucial time when you need to know where your vehicle is – and you won’t be able to get it’s location! This is not required for Post-Paid plans, only Pre-Paid.
TELSTRA: The ways to ACTIVATE the supplied Telstra SIM card:
1) Follow the instructions on the Telstra website (click here), OR
2) Call Telstra on 1800 303 302 (choose a plan and automatic recharge option), OR
3) Take the entire SIM (both the inner and outer) to your nearest Telstra dealer. Choose a plan and ask for the automatic recharge option.
OPTUS: The ways to obtain an activated SIM card:
1) Follow the instructions on the Optus website (click here), OR
2) Call Optus on 1800 780 219 (choose a plan and automatic recharge option), OR
3) Visit your nearest Optus dealer. Choose a plan and ask for an automatic recharge option.
VODAFONE: The ways to obtain an activated SIM card:
1) Follow the instructions on the Vodafone website www.vodafone.com.au/personal/prepaid/prepaid-options
Plan option A: The Vodafone ‘365 Day Starter Pack’ for $50 – but you need to manually recharge after the tracker has sent 150 SMS text location messages.
Plan option B: The Vodafone $30 per month ‘Month-to-Month’ plan which provides ‘infinite’ SMS text messages.
2) Call Vodafone on 1800 668 567 (choose one of the above plans), OR
3) Visit your nearest Vodafone Shop and choose one of the above plans.
1) Follow the instructions on their website, OR
2) Call their sales number, choose a plan and the automatic recharge option, OR
3) Visit your nearest carrier. Choose a plan and ask for an automatic recharge option.
The SIM card will need to be activated by a carrier before your OBD150 tracker will work!
Live Tracking Option
Would you like to use Live Tracking instead and see your vehicle live on a web map?
Our Live Tracking software gives you day-by-day trip history, including: Start and stop, trip mileage and speed reports. Click here to find out more about the Live Tracking option
Fitting the activated SIM into the OBD300 GPS tracker