FM Lite4G GPS Tracking Device
Suits all Australian vehicles. Fully featured 4G tracking system & anti-theft. Live web tracking and mobile phone SMS alerts. Ability to remotely disable your vehicle’s starter motor or activate the alarm.
- Personal vehicle tracking (cars, 4WDs, caravans, utes)
- Bus and coach tracking
- Company cars, utes, vans and truck tracking
- Machinery tracking
- Boats, jet-skis, etc tracking
- Inexpensive tracking solution for one or more vehicles
- 24/7 monitoring of cars, caravans, vans, trucks, machinery, etc.
- Ability to remotely disable starter motor.
- Ability to integrate to an existing vehicle alarm.
- City-wide and regional 4G communication technology
- Real time Live Tracking WEB based mapping & management tool
- Reports on inefficient staff and assets
- Improves customer service by reducing response times
- Reduce mileage and vehicle abuse
- Safeguard your staff and assets
- Reduce insurance premiums
- Includes FREE tracking mobile phone app (Apple & Android versions)
- Communicates via the 4G mobile phone network
- Full access to trip history and web reports
- Backup battery in case of power cut to the main supply
- Reporting every 3 minutes whilst the vehicle is moving (optional: every 1 minute)
- Reporting every 60 minutes when the ignition is off (optional: every 30 minutes)
- Harsh Driving / Harsh Acceleration / Crash Sensor (in-built)
- Overspeed reporting (user defined, GPS measured e.g. You choose to set to over 110 km/h)
- 24/12V compatible
- 2 digital inputs and 1 digital outputs (for vehicle alarm inputs/outputs, lock doors, etc)
- Compact size measuring 80mm (l) x 47mm (w) x 26mm (h)
- Requires a mobile SIM card for use on the 4G network
Fleetminder tracking options
To locate your vehicle (or asset) you can use:
The fleetminder Live Tracking system has additional benefits of 6 month recording of each location message sent by the tracker (usually every 3 minutes), whereas the mobile phone app will only let you know where the vehicle (or asset) is right now (i.e. no trip history).
Click the links above for the benefits of each tracking system.
Other GPS tracking device information
This GPS vehicle tracker can be used in all Australian vehicles, trailers, cars, caravans, vans, trucks as well as in machinery, boats or any other asset that you require to be tracked.
GPS vehicle tracking has become very popular in Australia for both consumer and business applications. Personal GPS vehicle tracking situations include monitoring the safety of young and older drivers and protecting a vehicle whilst parked away from home.
Business use of GPS tracking devices include:
- Improved customer service and delivery times
- Better field staff communication
- OH&S for driver safety
- Theft detection
- Asset recovery
- Monitoring unauthorised use, and
- Better asset management
GPS tracking devices reduce business vehicle costs (fuel, insurances, down-time) and increase productivity. With so many benefits that come with GPS vehicle trackers many business owners with company or fleet vehicles are choosing to get on-board with the latest in tracking technology.
In Australia, the mobile 4G/3G network is used to transfer the data from the GPS trackers. Any area which receives mobile coverage such as all major Australian cities Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Hobart and regional areas are suitable for our general tracking devices.
The FM Lite4G for use as a car tracker
The FM Lite4G tracker is ideally suited as a car tracker. Further information is described below as per vehicle tracking, or here with specific car tracking information.
The FM Lite4G as a vehicle tracker
Installation of the fleetminder FM NxtG-V GPS tracker into a vehicle only requires connection to power, ground and the ignition (for basic operation).
Other connections are required for (the optional) remote enabling and disabling of inputs and outputs (for the alarm trigger, siren, starter motor kill, etc).
We recommend the vehicle tracker to be installed by a professional auto electrician or car stereo installer. You can find these specialists in all cities and major towns in Australia. If you get stuck – call our office on 08 9383 7833 as we have a list of good installers around Australia.
The FM Lite4G tracker was been specifically designed for vehicle tracking and is our most popular product.
For use as a boat tracker
The fleetminder FM NxtG-V GPS tracker can be used on boats as long it stays within 4G/3G mobile network range. If you’ve carried your mobile phone with you on your boating trips you’ll know if you have mobile coverage or not. Obviously the open sea away from land is not applicable.
The FM Lite4G tracker would normally be connected to the boat battery. If you have solar panels on the boat then this would insure that your boat tracker has continual power, even if the boat is moored for long periods off time.
Our trailer tracker TT3G model is our recommended model for boat tracking as it has a larger internal battery.
If you take the boat out to sea (or if a thief would), then our fleetminder LP1 tracker is suitable for where there is no mobile phone coverage.
Boats over 15 feet (5 meters) suitable for the open sea are a considerable asset. Implementing a boat tracker system is a wise investment and could possibly give you a discount on your boat insurance premiums. Contact your insurance company for their policy on boat trackers.
For use as a machinery tracker
The fleetminder FM Lite4G can be used as a machinery tracker.
As with the trailer tracker it’s important to mount the supplied GPS antenna ABOVE any metal component of the machinery casing.
A smash resistant plastic case should be mounted on top of the GPS antenna to prevent antenna damage by the potential thief. The FM Lite4G tracking device itself can be mounted inside the machinery casing for protection – but avoid hot operating areas as much as possible. Again a larger battery can be fitted along with an associated charging circuit.
Our LP1 tracker may be a better option for you as it has internal batteries with a three year battery life. The LP1 is a satellite tracker so it can be used in remote locations.
Phew… that was a bit to read through. Well done. If you have any questions about this tracking device including installation, contact us here or call us on 08 9383 7833.