So what about GPS tracking device for car owners? What will these tracking devices offer you in the way of benefits and are they worth the cost?
The main reasons for having a GPS tracking device for your car can include:
- Tracking someone who is driving your car (whether an employee, family member, friend, your mechanic)
- Being alerted if your car has been stolen or towed
- Being able to quickly recover your car because you can see exactly where it is on a computer map (Google, etc)
- As requirement by your insurance company because you have an expensive car
Anti-theft and recovery features of a GPS tracking device for car owners
GPS car tracking devices allow real-time monitoring of the location of your car and can provide instant notification if your vehicle leaves a specified area with mobile phone GPS alerts.
If your car is stolen the GPS car tracking device have three features that will assist in preventing loss and allow quick recovery of your vehicle.
(1) A SMS text command can be sent by you to the GPS car tracking device that will disable the electrical system of the car preventing it from being moved (restarted).
(2) If the GPS car tracking device is connected to the vehicle alarm system, the alarm can be remotely activated by SMS text commands. Or doors can be locked to reduce further vandalism and damage to the car.
The range of fleetminder GPS car tracking devices have external outputs that can be used for remote disabling, alarm activation and door locking.
Save on car insurance premiums with GPS car tracking devices
The benefits of a GPS tracking device for car owners is well known by insurance companies and many will offer a discounted premium if these device are installed.
This means not only are you saving money but also getting greater peace-of-mind.