Powered Asset Tracking Device – FM AT4G
For city and regional area tracking use
The FM AT4G is suitable for any battery powered asset that requires an extended internal battery. Vehicles with battery isolators, caravans, 12/24v plant left on site or classic cars that may be at risk of battery tampering can now be protected. This device will deep sleep when idle to preserve the battery and wake up on ignition or on movement to start tracking. As the FM AT4G has an external antenna with 5m cable, the main unit can be mounted in virtually any position or hidden to protect it from weather and thieves. The FM AT4G recharges whenever it has power to the loom. An internal GPS antenna version most suited to trailers is also available (FM TT4G).
- Allows the asset to be GPS tracked if separated from the primary vehicle (if the asset has been “borrowed” or stolen)
- The internal Lithium Ion battery can transmit for up to 25 days*
- 3G fallback when 4G is not available
- 4G data for live tracking with 3G fallback
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery with up to 25 days standby time*
- Utilises motion sensors and comparative GPS positioning (custom configured)
- Tracking modes:
- Time interval mode
- Distance interval mode
- Idle tracking mode
- Mileage report
- Low battery alert
- Journey logging up to 100,000+ waypoints
- Geo-fencing control
- Roaming control
- Customised firmware available (on application)
- Optional temperature sensor available
* depending on configuration
- Note: Case is not weather resistant
- Wide temperature range (-30C to +60C)
- Built in 3 axis G-sensor
- Rechargeable 950mAh Li-ion battery
- Data buffer with 9,500 positions
- 1 x vehicle ignition trigger (acc position)
- 4 Digital inputs and 3 digital output
- 3 Analog inputs
- Size: 111mm x 78mm x 24mm
- Weight: 205g
MOUNTING & POWER
The fleetminder FM AT4G can be trickle charged via the vehicle’s 12 volt system, off lights or battery. Your local car stereo installer or auto electrician can wire in the trailer tracker for you.
If wired to the lights, ensure that the vehicle’s lights are on most times when driving to keep the internal tracker battery fully charged.
As the FM AT4G has an external antenna with 5m cable, the main unit can be mounted in any position or hidden to protect it from the weather, vandals or thieves.
(battery life from a fully recharged battery)
Techie terms explained
Geofence / geofencing – A geofence is “virtual” boundary set around a central co-ordinate. For example, you could set a 100 metre geofence around your parked vehicle and be alerted if your vehicle moved out of that geofence area. For more information on geofencing check out our articles on this topic.
Waypoints – A waypoint can mean different things in different situations, but in the context of GPS tracking, a waypoint is any single specific location. Your home garage is a waypoint, your office carpark is a waypoint, a customer delivery location is a waypoint, and a given set of geographic coordinates is a waypoint.